Riding tractor durability

ironbrew

Threads
I'm looking at a riding mower for Dad, probably a Husqvarna due to local dealer. The ground is sometimes uneven due to settling, and dad is no longer capable of filling the holes. Is there a decent tractor that will take a bit of abuse? He will be relying on the dealer for service. A tractor is the platform he is familiar with.

Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Stick with the GT and differential lock ad you will be fine.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you can afford it, go with a garden tractor that has a horizontal shaft engine. If money was no object, I'd go with a Kubota B series diesel. Those things are pretty much bullet-proof. My neighbor has a John Deere gas tractor with horizontal shaft Kawasaki engine that has been very good to him, too. Either of these will probably be triple what the Husky costs but are in a whole different league than the vertical shaft engine class of lawn tractor.

ironbrew

Threads
If you can afford it, go with a garden tractor that has a horizontal shaft engine. If money was no object, I'd go with a Kubota B series diesel. Those things are pretty much bullet-proof. My neighbor has a John Deere gas tractor with horizontal shaft Kawasaki engine that has been very good to him, too. Either of these will probably be triple what the Husky costs but are in a whole different league than the vertical shaft engine class of lawn tractor.

Appreciate the thought. I have a B2400 but no deck for it, and given this is for my father, it needs a deck. I'd also like to stay smaller for him. He's getting to the age where getting on and off equipment is a little... challenging by times. Something lower would be in order. I'm even looking at a lawn service but he's a bit independent...

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I said 'B' series but what I really meant was 'BX' series. They're about the same size as a regular garden tractor and have mower decks.

cruzenmike

Threads
I just purchased a GT48DXLS this past weekend. This is a good machine for what you are wanting but if you cannot find one, there are two other GT tractors with 52" decks offered by Husqvarna that should have similar HP, transmissions and larger tires for that smooth ride.