L-120 Running on 1 Cylinder

jhjbsmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
We just bought a JD L-120 used 6 weeks ago. It ran great, the guy did the oil change and sharpened the blades and did all the service work up to date. We mowed our yard a total of 6 times (all grass less then an acre) and it has 464 hrs on it. We just mowed and getting it put away and all of a sudden sounded loud and has no power in reverse. Checked the spark plugs and looks to be running on only one cylinder. HELP! My husband is mechanically inclined but never worked on a mower so looking for advice. We went by a JD dealer to get a manual and of course doesn't have one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We just bought a JD L-120 used 6 weeks ago. It ran great, the guy did the oil change and sharpened the blades and did all the service work up to date. We mowed our yard a total of 6 times (all grass less then an acre) and it has 464 hrs on it. We just mowed and getting it put away and all of a sudden sounded loud and has no power in reverse. Checked the spark plugs and looks to be running on only one cylinder. HELP! My husband is mechanically inclined but never worked on a mower so looking for advice. We went by a JD dealer to get a manual and of course doesn't have one.

Dealers rarely carry manuals but JD have them all on line as a PAID FOR digital download or mail order for print.
Well worth getting, he will be an expert in no time flat.
In the mean time, pull the rocker cover off the bad side & confirm that the valves are moving.

Let us know how you get on.

jhjbsmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dealers rarely carry manuals but JD have them all on line as a PAID FOR digital download or mail order for print.
Well worth getting, he will be an expert in no time flat.
In the mean time, pull the rocker cover off the bad side & confirm that the valves are moving.

Let us know how you get on.

He took off the Rocker Cover and all the valves are moving and the pistons are not bent...I take this all as good news!!!! We will download the manual today and go from there.