Please help! Swapping out motor today - See video

Regwal

Threads
You can use a meter to identify what each wire is for. Once you have that info proceed to connect with new engine. Many wires are for safety switches and can be confusing.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Briggs do a repower guide which shows how most mowers and all of their engines are wired.
Kohler manuals are all on line as is Kawakasi.
many can be found as PDF's here http://www.mymowerparts.com/about_us.php.
Like a lot of others here I do not blow my downoads by watching videos in order to provide free technical information, no matter how urgent you want me to believe the need is.

skeeter1

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can use a meter to identify what each wire is for. Once you have that info proceed to connect with new engine. Many wires are for safety switches and can be confusing.

Thanks for the post, and the information Regarding blowing downloads, what are you talking about? Does this site limit you to watching linked videos? If so that is the weirdest thing I've ever seen, although to get around that all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your browser right?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And then download to video you you posted when the link gets clicked on.
We have bad internet down here & the current government is going to make it worse.
Two or 3 photos is a small download, a video is a big download and I only get 10Gb of data a month.
Add to that people have a bad habit of walking around the mower shaking the camera so the out of focus shaking and badly lit video have to be viewed 20 times to be able to get any useful information.
Worse are the clowns who do videos with their smart cameras .
There is usually only 1 plug between the mower & the engine or if it is a older engine 2 or 3 but they are all in the same place and should be easily photographed.
If you want help from some one else it pays to make giving that help easy.
So I am swapping the B & S 33G021 0010-E2 originally fitted to my craftsman 917. 234569 with a Kohler CV725.
They both have different plugs, what goes were, I have no information ( I have problems following wiring diagrams ) whatever, makes it easy for others to help you.
In your video did you actually show the model numbers for each of the engines or did you expect some one to recognise them ?
Not trying to be an A-hole or nasty but you are making your prediciment worse.

skeeter1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The government is to blame for your 10GB per month and slow internet? Ok, I gotta delete this post...I'm all set...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert is in Austraila, not the US