Engine to transmission drive shaft

patdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to the forum and hope that I can get answers to several questions. I have a G1800.
1. I need to replace the drive shaft between the engine and the hydrostatic transmission. Where can I find detailed instructions and illustrations to help me remove the tractor body to make the repair?

2. I'm confused about the various manuals. Is a service manual the same as a repair manual? I need a repair manual. Can I get a download version or do I have to purchase a hard copy? If I download a manual will it be easy to navigate?

3. Where would you suggest I buy the parts I need and do you recommend I replace any other parts while I'm in there?

Finally, I would certainly welcome any tips and advice from anyone who has completed this repair. Thank you.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm new to the forum and hope that I can get answers to several questions. I have a G1800.
1. I need to replace the drive shaft between the engine and the hydrostatic transmission. Where can I find detailed instructions and illustrations to help me remove the tractor body to make the repair?

2. I'm confused about the various manuals. Is a service manual the same as a repair manual? I need a repair manual. Can I get a download version or do I have to purchase a hard copy? If I download a manual will it be easy to navigate?

3. Where would you suggest I buy the parts I need and do you recommend I replace any other parts while I'm in there?

Finally, I would certainly welcome any tips and advice from anyone who has completed this repair. Thank you.

Service Manual and Repair manual are normally the same. If they are not the same then one is for the consumer and one it for a shop.
If you download a manual it will be just like the book. You will scroll each page just like the book.
Looks like you have a John Deere. They have fantastic manuals. $30 or $40 download. Written for anyone to understand. They are worth every penny.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Service Manual and Repair manual are normally the same. If they are not the same then one is for the consumer and one it for a shop.
If you download a manual it will be just like the book. You will scroll each page just like the book.
Looks like you have a John Deere. They have fantastic manuals. $30 or $40 download. Written for anyone to understand. They are worth every penny.

Hey Chuck, Looks like it's a Kubota, I " bounced " through the youtube video ... I never heard of a LAWN-TRACTOR having a
DRIVE-SHAFT till today . THAT knocked my socks off !! I know belts are a PITA sometimes but driveshafts ...??? take a good
look at all the work involved !

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My John Deere F925 has a drive shaft and PTO shaft.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My John Deere F925 has a drive shaft and PTO shaft.

WELL NOW !! ... I guess that's what explains why you're such a MISERABLE ..&%#R#@&$@ & $#@*&Y%R$#@W@# !!

( LOL) ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
LOL. I see BOO is back in full force.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
LOL. I see BOO is back in full force.

I'm BAAaaaaaaaaack .... Heeeeeeere's Tedddddddy !! ..bout 99 & 44/100 % almost full clikin on 11 cylinders !!