Kohler CV26 Spec 79512

bob54

Threads
Can a CV26 EFI be converted to a carburetor engine? I Know it will require changing the intake manifold, and adding double coils at the flywheel, and of coarse a Carb. Will I need to change flywheels, and add a vacuum fuel pump. Anything else I may need to change and am I opening a can of worms doing this?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It probably can be done, but why. What issue are you having that you are trying to bypass.

bob54

Threads
Trying to avoid the cost of replacing the computer. The engine is on a Great Dane Chariot Zero Turn. When you engage the PTO or try to drive the mower forward or backward at high speed with the PTO off it bogs the engine. Starts running like an old hit and miss engine, and any load on the engine will kill it. Fuel rail pressure never falls below 39 psi, using spark testers, it never loses spark. O2 sensor tests at 1.0 volt, TPS test good in all positions, The speed sensor at the flywheel test good, I cleaned the fly wheel and set the gap on the sensor, Tried loosening the fuel cap, Has new plugs, new oil, tested injectors, and coils. Actually I've tested every sensor on it using the service manual. If I remove the computer for two days, then put it back in the mower will run great for about an hour, then starts bogging down again, oh, and when it starts bogging it blows black smoke. Always easy to start but you never know if it's going to run well or like crap when you start it

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the O2 sensor staying at 1 volt or is it fluctuating lower to higher. Also what trouble blink codes are you getting. It sounds like then ECU is picking up a lean signal and keeps trying to richen the fuel. I suspect either a sensor is going goofy, or a bad connection is leading to bad signals to the ECU.

bob54

Threads
O2 stays at 1.0volt, this machine does not have a fault light. There is a 4 prong square plug to hook to to test the system but can't find any information on a cable or tester for it. Has a 24 pin computer. Also uhhooking the O2 with a warm or cold engine makes no difference

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
O2 sensor should fluctuate between .2 and 1 volt as the fuel mixture and run quality changes. Either that something is goofy with the fuel system like a leaking injector that is dumping fuel into the engine and the engine can't adjust. I would verify that everything outside the computer is good before worrying about the ECU.

bob54

Threads
So to change this to a carburetor engine any ideas on the part numbers for the carb, intake and coils. And do I need to change the flywheel?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think I would just trade it it in on a carbureted model before going through all those hoops, NOT a GLUTTON
for punishment are ya ??? ..:confused2: ..:mur:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Love a Challenge :)

Ever SANDPAPER a Wildcats ARSE in a phone booth ..?? ( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:thumbsup:

Go for it Bob !!!!