MISSING MEMBER

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ran his name through the Texas data base for residents in the state....Tom Pumper, Thomas Pumper, no results found........however, my cousin lives in Dallas and he told me awhile ago that people that worked on the rigs were called pumpers, maybe he is just using his job description as part of his screen name?

Willy,

Tom used the handle "Pumper54" because he was a professional firefighter who ran a "pumper" for fire station #54, or something along those lines. I asked him where he came up with the name and that's what he told me. We had several fireman related discussions as half my family were either pro or volunteer firemen.

That gave me an idea and I googled the fire station. Here is what I came up with: http://www.montgomery-fire.com/Station_54.html

I'm going to see if I can contact someone there.

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK,

Here's what I have done. I finally found an email address for the Montgomery Fire Department and sent them the following:

Hi Montgomery Fire Department,

This is probably going to be the strangest email you've ever received, but it is regarding a serious matter, at least to those of us who are making this request of you.

We are members of a Lawn Mower Forum (honest!) and one of us is missing!! His name is Tom (we do not know his last name) and he uses the 'handle', "Pumper54" as he worked for Station 54 and was a pumper operator. He and I became friends via the Internet on this forum and he had planned a motorcycle trip this summer from his home (we believe it is in Montgomery) starting sometime in June and he planned to come all the way to Maine where I live where we planned to meet each other. Well, our last correspondence was on June first and none of us (on the forum) have heard from him since. If anyone at Station 54 knew a Tom that ran the pumper, could we ask you to please contact his family and see if he is indeed alright? We are not 'fishing' for his private information, merely trying to establish that he hasn't suffered some accident in route.

Thank you very much for your efforts on our behalf.

Sincerely,

I included my name, phone number and email address.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Howdy Rog , That's a GREAT idea about the firehouse, seems like that might be the BEST place to find some
info about our guy. Catherine here on the forums, sent me another PM , she is going to help trying to reach
him or his family ( I guess) she did NOT elaborate . Sure hope he's OK !! Nothing much going on .. see the Doc for my final check-up on July 6, legs are just FANTASTIC went to Mt Dora last weekend ,the wifeys dragged us all over Hell's 5 acres hills n all , NO PROBLEMS !! can't get over it !! only side effect so far is it feels like inside of my thighs are sun-burned, strange but I'm gettin used to it n will ask the doc about it. Damn ain't you TIRED of eatin lobster yet ?? ( LOL )
will keep you up-dated from THIS end , later Goomba, ......Boo

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Howdy Rog , That's a GREAT idea about the firehouse, seems like that might be the BEST place to find some
info about our guy. Catherine here on the forums, sent me another PM , she is going to help trying to reach
him or his family ( I guess) she did NOT elaborate . Sure hope he's OK !! Nothing much going on .. see the Doc for my final check-up on July 6, legs are just FANTASTIC went to Mt Dora last weekend ,the wifeys dragged us all over Hell's 5 acres hills n all , NO PROBLEMS !! can't get over it !! only side effect so far is it feels like inside of my thighs are sun-burned, strange but I'm gettin used to it n will ask the doc about it. Damn ain't you TIRED of eatin lobster yet ?? ( LOL )
will keep you up-dated from THIS end , later Goomba, ......Boo

Yeah Boo, this may work out.. I'll let you know if they send me back an email..

I got sunburned for real yesterday!! Ichi-bon-son-san and I went fishing on Messalonskee Lake all day yesterday, Worst day of fishing either of us have ever had! We each caught one - Yes "1"!!! - small-mouth bass, apiece... Fished from 0815 until 1630!! We fished the entire length of that 3,500 acre pond! We had an hour drive back home where his mother, my life-partner, had chicken parmesan waiting for us! Thank heavens we hadn't planned on a fish dinner!

Each year he and I take the boat to a decent lake we have nevert ever fished before and beat it for a day.. Well, this year we picked Messalonskee, what a friggin' mistake THAT was! Beautiful lake, deep (max depth is 117') lots of rocks, several islands, NO fish!! This kid is one of the best bass fishermen I know! He can catch bass out of your bathtub! So for him to almost get skunked is absolutely unheard of! He'd brought four rods with him and was constantly changing types and colors of lures, trying to figure out what 'they' were biting on that day.. We finally figured out there weren't any fish TO bite anything!! We decided we owe it to each other to pick another lake this summer to make up for this disaster!

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK UPDATE ..

got hold of the Montgomery FD where Pumper worked , they got Rogers email and they know who Pumper (Tom) is and they are trying to contact him by phone and his boss by email, trying to think of a decent way to inquire from the family ..?? The young lady there said they were expecting pics from Toms trip ?? She is going to call me back when she has info.

NorthBama

Threads
Great work you Guys. I am sure Pumper is on the road to Maine for some lobster(giant crawdads)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Great work you Guys. I am sure Pumper is on the road to Maine for some lobster(giant crawdads)

SUCCESS... Tom is alive & well , somewhere in Mass. area, heading to see
Roger I believe, got this info from Montgomery Texas FD where Tom was a volunteer they made contact with his wife and called me back . will post more info as I get it ..Boobala !! ..:thumbsup: ..:thumbsup::cool2:..:cool2: ..:banana:..:dance1: ..:thumbsup: ..:cool:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Send him a private message. He logged in today.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Send him a private message. He logged in today.

I would like to express our most sincere thanks to you, Catherine and all the wonderful folks who took time to help us locate our
good friend, Pumper 54 ..(Tom). ALL of us here on the site that know of him were very concerned for his well being. ..:thumbsup: