Model Number ID help

Snapchatter

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I just bought this 28" HiVac. I'm looking to restore it and use it as my regular yard mower. Problem is that the ID sticker is so faded that I can't get a model number or serial off if so I can start ordering parts. I'm hoping that y'all can help me at least get close. Here is a pic.

I'm guessing this isn't the original engine. It has electric start, the blade safety pedal and one brake/clutch pedal. It also has the steel tube that attaches the front of the frame to the rear.

Any help y'all can give me id'ing this thing would be appreciated.

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 14

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tia ...???
OK Snap.... go over to the Snapper forum, and check out some of the posts with pics over there, might find one
close to yours and also you can send a PM to a member and ask for their help, I have seen several nice RE-builts
over there , Sorry I'm not knowledgeable on RER's ... Boobala

Snapchatter

Forum Newbie
Threads
TIA=Thanks In Advance. Thanks for the advice. Sorry I meant to post this in the Snapper Forum.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
TIA=Thanks In Advance. Thanks for the advice. Sorry I meant to post this in the Snapper Forum.

NO problemo ..... I'm sure you will get the help you need over at that forum, please keep us informed of your progress,
thats the first I have seen a good size ( 14HP ) ??? motor on a RER ... keep sending pics , it's like a manual to other
members that may need to "see" what you're fixin , Best of luck ......Boobala ..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Like your computer has 1 hard drive and a lot of folders, the forum is one long lis broken up into sections to make it easy to navigate through.
Now to the magic of digital photography.
With your camera resting on something solid ( like a tripod ) to get rid of handshake, take some photos of the tag, from different angles.
Load them into your computer then invert the colours ( create a narative in some apps ) and those numbers you can not see will jump out and bite you on the nose.

Snapchatter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use forums quite a bit and understand the regular structures. Oddly enough I posted this in "Forum/Equipment Forums/Equipment by Brand/Snapper Forum" Should I have posted it somewhere else?

I will give the digital photography trick a shot though. Thanks for the cool tip. I'll let you know how it works.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not really.
Most of the techs use the new posts search which brings up everything on the entire site that is new.
If you particularly want to get in touch with other Snapper owners then go to forums Snapper and ad a hello message to the top level post "check in here".
Post a little detail about you and the mower with a link to this thread so people who want to help can add to this post and people who want to say hello can post in the check in post.

The camera will pick up the difference in the reflections because whee they type was will be cleaner , thus shinier .
You see it white on white but it sees it as more light less light.
Boosting the contrast can make it better but not always.
The other method to use is to magic wand select the background.
keep on decreasing the tollerance till it you see the numbers being not selected then use the paint bucket to make the background black.
Viewed on your screen which is backlit white type on black shows really well but printed on paper it is the other way round.

Mow Joe

Threads
Your mower appears to be a 28" Extra tough, series 6 I believe. I would identify it as a 28116XS .

Snapchatter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Mow Joe. I appreciate the info. I'm looking forward to getting to work on this thing. I'll make sure to take a bunch of pics to catalog the progress.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Mow Joe. I appreciate the info. I'm looking forward to getting to work on this thing. I'll make sure to take a bunch of pics to catalog the progress.

See ya got hooked - up with Mow Joe, I forgot his name, but anyway he's good, ...VERY GOOD , helpful
and quite knowledgeable about Snappers . Post some of those pics when ya get the chance , or create an album.