Lawn Mower Jacks

Shelby County Kid

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the groups opinion of the best heavy duty lawn mower jack to change blades on a heavy mower like the Scag 52" Tiger Cat II?
I have a 300 lb. capacity MoJack but was thinking about the Mojack Pro which has a 750 Lb. capacity. What is everyone's thoughts on the MoJack Pro? Is their something better out there that does a better job??

I am thinking the 300 lb. capacity may be a little light duty for the Scag.

greenguy

Threads
I use a bumper jack from a 1968 chevy for my Ferris IS2100Z, works great!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use my 4-ton floor jack with an 8"x8"x16" block of wood. No need to reinvent the wheel. I almost bought an electric forklift. They only wanted $100 for it because all the batteries were dead. Worked if plugged in. I waited too long to make up my mind.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Been using a floor jack for over 20 years, with no accidents or problems. If I feel uncomfortable, I add a couple of jack stands.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have an engine hoist which works a lot better than a jack, just so long as you remember to duck under the boom
Occasionally I even use it for removing engines.
Outside I have a yard crane from an explosives plant where electric anything was a no no.
For quick things like blade changes I use some tall ramps with flat surfaces they are about 14" which is more than enough space to get under a deck and of course very quick.
Got another set for the service van, easier, faster and a lot more secure than any jack

Mr. Ed

Threads
I picked up a 550 lb capacity heavy duty jack from Tractor Supply: Cub Cadet HD lift
I've used it on everything from a 48" Gravely ZTHD to a couple of very large commercial zero turns, and it works great. Since it cradles both front tires (and secures them in the cradle with straps) it's very safe, and it raises the front of the mowers higher than anything else I've used (except the bucket on a front end loader). Very easy to use, and truly a well made piece of equipment.

Mower Frank

Threads
What is the groups opinion of the best heavy duty lawn mower jack to change blades on a heavy mower like the Scag 52" Tiger Cat II?
I have a 300 lb. capacity MoJack but was thinking about the Mojack Pro which has a 750 Lb. capacity. What is everyone's thoughts on the MoJack Pro? Is their something better out there that does a better job??

I am thinking the 300 lb. capacity may be a little light duty for the Scag.

I recently upgraded from a small mower lift to a Fischer 750 Lbs. Heavy Duty ATV/Mower High Lift Jack from Harbor Freight for $189.99. It's heavy duty and well built and does a great job of lifting my zero turns.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I recently upgraded from a small mower lift to a Fischer 750 Lbs. Heavy Duty ATV/Mower High Lift Jack from Harbor Freight for $189.99. It's heavy duty and well built and does a great job of lifting my zero turns.
You find removing the H frame will help some. But there still will be ZTRs that 2x10's are needed so the decks will clear the jack foot.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

Works great