Husqvarna Mower Won't Start after Collision

IanF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all,

Like a chump I hit the front end of my lawn mower into a plastic pipe (which I thought I could clear). The mower in question is a Husqvarna 22" walk-behind mower with front wheel drive. After that incident, the mower won't start and it seems to be because the drive belt is not tight any more. The part it attaches to is pictured below:

part.jpg

I assume it used to be tight, but now it rocks around on the front axle so the belt isn't tight enough to start. I tried removing the belt altogether figuring at least I could push the mower manually (my penance for stupidity), but without the belt on, the mower still doesn't start. So questions:

1. What is that part it attaches to called?
  2. How is it meant to be attached, and could it be fixed?
  3. Failing that, is there a way to start the mower without the belt?
  4. Am I off base and there is another reason the mower won't start?

Thanks a lot for reading and any insight you could shed.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The front drive transmission doesn't have anything to do with the mower starting. You need to for things that could of been damaged on the engine that could prevent it from being started. Or maybe you tipped the mower shortly after hitting the pipe, and cause fuel to flow from the carb flooding the engine Could you of hit the spark plug on something and broke it. Or the carb and cracked the intake pipe, or the carb mount.

IanF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or maybe you tipped the mower shortly after hitting the pipe, and cause fuel to flow from the carb flooding the engine

Wow, that's exactly what it was, thanks! I had it up on it's side for a goodish time while I was working on it, and flooded it. I thought you only had to wait ~15 minutes for it to get unflooded, but it wouldn't start again until this morning. I mowed the grass without the front drive this afternoon, and it wasn't too much harder, so I'm happy. Thanks for the insight!!!