Blades Honda Cutting Deck warning

PaulM44

Forum Newbie
Threads
Apologies - newbie here, have looked at past posts but not too good on a computer either
I have bought a 2nd hand Honda HF2315, the cutting deck light has come on and there is a beeping alarm which I can't seem to eradicate. Have emptied the collector, rotated the blades by hand and they are free, looked at manual which is next to useless, can anyone suggest something, am sure it is simple

jp1961

Threads
Hi Paul,

Hmmm. Just taking a stab at it here. Are there any electrical switches near the seat, pedal, mowing deck or throttle area? I'm thinking it's an electrical sensor thats causing the light on the dash to go on. My Kubota has several sensors that detect if somebody is sitting in the seat for safety reasons (actually just an electrical plunger type switch). The switch might be broken or have corroded wiring connections.

I have a bugger of a time in the winter when these switches freeze solid due to ice and snow,,,sometimes it will shut down the entire tractor.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

PaulM44

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Paul,

Hmmm. Just taking a stab at it here. Are there any electrical switches near the seat, pedal, mowing deck or throttle area? I'm thinking it's an electrical sensor thats causing the light on the dash to go on. My Kubota has several sensors that detect if somebody is sitting in the seat for safety reasons (actually just an electrical plunger type switch). The switch might be broken or have corroded wiring connections.

I have a bugger of a time in the winter when these switches freeze solid due to ice and snow,,,sometimes it will shut down the entire tractor.

Regards

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, to be honest I need to familiarise myself with the mower, just had it delivered, jumped on it did a quick circle and then this light and buzzer came on, have tried to download a service manual for it but to no avail. Will let you know if I am able to get on it tonight.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Jeff, to be honest I need to familiarise myself with the mower, just had it delivered, jumped on it did a quick circle and then this light and buzzer came on, have tried to download a service manual for it but to no avail. Will let you know if I am able to get on it tonight.

Honda are a bit like Stihl with things like service manuals so you won't find one on the web.
Owners are available from Honda, on line for free.
If it is an imported European model you will have to go to Honda UK.