spark plug wire/boot repair - craftsman

jerodquinn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi - no idea what I'm talking about i just looked stuff up online. i was pulling the boot off and the wire coil thing stuck on the spark plug. what's the best way to fix this (picture attached)? i think the wire sticking out from the coil is bent maybe? and it seems like not enough exposed wire is coming out of the wire but what do i know. i really appreciate any help, i can add more pictures or info if needed.

thanks a lot.
Jerod

IMG_20170621_192612.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The part that is still on your spark plug is made like a nail that penetrates the rubber insulation on the plug wire. Just take a pair plyer and readjust it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi - no idea what I'm talking about i just looked stuff up online. i was pulling the boot off and the wire coil thing stuck on the spark plug. what's the best way to fix this (picture attached)? i think the wire sticking out from the coil is bent maybe? and it seems like not enough exposed wire is coming out of the wire but what do i know. i really appreciate any help, i can add more pictures or info if needed.

thanks a lot.
Jerod

View attachment 32812

Thought I had already posted a reply to this.
If you do as previously adviced you need to slip the rubber boot on the wire first ( lube it as it will be tight )
wind the coiled section off the top of the spark plug then bend the spike as per previous post and then drag the cover back over.

However I have found once that type have ripped out once they will continue to do the same thing.
You can go to a car shop or a boat shop & buy a waterproof Champion non- resistor plug cap.
These have a screw built in which you simply push on to the ned of the wire then turn to drive the screw down the guts of the wire.
This will also make the lead 1/4" longer and that type will not pull off the wire when pulling it off the plug.