Intek 26 HP pushrod disappeared... likely in oil pan.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Intek 26 HP pushrod disappeared... likely in oil pan.
Years ago my Intek ate a pushrod. There is a picture somewhere here of it. It was processed through the crank timing gear and was mangled and chewed into several pieces. I thought I had helped that journey into the sump by clearing out some casting "web" in the oil return hole, but since you have this problem it appears these things "launch" or "weedle" their way through. I fear a teardown is required.

cmw

Threads
  • / Intek 26 HP pushrod disappeared... likely in oil pan.
I am coming to that conclusion myself. It looks like you might have to remove the flywheel to properly remove the oil fill/dipstick tube and that odds of this working are low. Removing the engine and pulling the lower pan/sump is looking like the best option.

One of my Kohler Command 16hps did this a few times when I first got it. It always happened on startup because I guess the oil hadn't been changed often enough before I got it and the hydraulic lifters would act up. It stopped happening after a few mowings once things got freed up with clean oil and has been an exceptional engine since. In all the times this happened the pushrod was just laying there waiting to be put right back in. It never ended up where it didn't belong.