Adding an oil filter to Tecumseh ohv130 206809a

Toolman2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nobody on the Tecumseh forum will respond so I'll ask here since the engine is a part of a Murray mower.

A filter adapter and a filter are shown in the parts list for this engine. My engine has no filter. Can the filter the added on? If so, what are the parts that I need?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless someone has already done this I could not see a way to know for sure. If your block is drilled and fitted with an oil filter opening then it would work but if not then no. So it would have to do with your engine. and with out a tear down no real way to tell. This being said I would care to guess that it can be done just buy all the parts for it and slap them on. Now with that said it is a complete wast of time and money. If you change your oil as per spec then you do not need an oil filter. These little engines need fresh oil more than filtered oil.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless someone has already done this I could not see a way to know for sure. If your block is drilled and fitted with an oil filter opening then it would work but if not then no. So it would have to do with your engine. and with out a tear down no real way to tell. This being said I would care to guess that it can be done just buy all the parts for it and slap them on. Now with that said it is a complete wast of time and money. If you change your oil as per spec then you do not need an oil filter. These little engines need fresh oil more than filtered oil.

Actually I looked into this awhile back , researching the IPB , you can see two different sump assemblies the one without and the one with a provision for filter along with associated parts . As you stated , I don't think
its worthwhile if you are mindful of oil changes.