XXW2500-72 hydraulic drive issue

bcvickers

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've owned the above stated mower for the past 2 years (this being the 3rd) and have had no problems mowing about 2.5-3 acres (2 hrs each time) every other week throughout the Minnesota summer. 2 weeks ago I was mowing the large fairly gentle slope on my property and the right side hydraulics began to get weak and whine. Not wanting to wreck anything I quickly wrapped things up and limped it into my shop. The fluid looked dark and there was no date on the filters so I ordered a couple from O'reilly and picked up 2 gallons of 20w-50 at Tractor Supply. After changing the oil and both filters and diligently going through the air bleeding procedure I was happy to get out and do a little mowing. To my surprise after the first straight hour she was working just fine with no sign of whining or fade.

Here are my questions; since I probably waited too long to change the hydraulic fluid should I do another right away since it's only about $30 total? Should I be saving for an entire new hydraulic system, maybe at least one side worth? Is it actually fixed or did I just band-aide it?

Any insight or advice is much appreciated.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless your oil is dirty again I would say you are golden.