John Deere 757 ztrak price

Pent-R lawn

Threads
Last year i looked at an older JD 757 ztrak with a 25 hp kawasaki and a 60' 7 iron deck for $3000. I fell in love with the mower but unfortuately could not get the finances lined up. This year i am saving my money and had hoped he would by chance still have it. He doesnt. But i found one at our local tractor auction i looked at today. Its 2003 25 hp kawasaki 60" 7 iron deck with only 672.3 hours for only $2950. It needs blades a rear tire fixed (holds air but leaks out over time) and an oil change and the right control arm needs to be adjusted (it rolls back when locked in park position unless the brake is engaged). The belts look good. And the other tires too. It fired right up today and sounds good. I know this is a good mower cause its been personally recomended to me by several people. My question is.. is this a good deal? It seems like to me its a heck of a deal for a commercial mower with only 670 hours. Please let me know somethin. Thanks!

FlatBroke

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the hours are correct for that machine that would be a real deal. The 757 was probably one of the best mowers ever built.

SnakeDoctor

Threads
I have had mine for 1000 plus hours. Only had a few troubles in the last 3 years. Having a carb problem now. Carb adjustment if that is possible. Too rich. I am sure of this because the plugs when removed are sooty and black. Going to replace those tomorrow. If anybody know how to lean this carb out please let me know. I love engines and I am sure I can probably do it. The booklet that cam with the machine when I bought it says if there is a carb problem see your dealer. Some of the dealers are eager to help with good ideas on repairs and some act if it is a National Secret and are tight lipped about repairs. Please let me know. :confused2: