I didn't think I'd ever find a set of new OEM LB wheels!

Zippster

Threads
  • / I didn't think I'd ever find a set of new OEM LB wheels!
I get the bronze bushings at my local Tru Value hardware store. If they are out of them, the local Ace hardware store usually has them. I don't recall what the exact diameter is, but I use a 5/8 inch drill bit on the wheel and the bushings that I buy will slide right in. Sometimes I have to use a soft hammer and a correct size socket to tap them in. Combine all of this with new axle bolts, and you will have wheels that will turn smoothly without excess wobble.

Thanks, I'll check into it. Nice pics too, that should work really well.

unclelee

Threads
IMG_20170727_214733385.jpg
They keep coming.

Zippster

Threads
I get the bronze bushings at my local Tru Value hardware store. If they are out of them, the local Ace hardware store usually has them. I don't recall what the exact diameter is, but I use a 5/8 inch drill bit on the wheel and the bushings that I buy will slide right in. Sometimes I have to use a soft hammer and a correct size socket to tap them in. Combine all of this with new axle bolts, and you will have wheels that will turn smoothly without excess wobble.

Ok, found them, they work very well. I started the bit by hand so it didn't go off center before using the drill press.

Thanks for the tip.