725D PTO Belt Replacement

bmoney7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a brand new 725D Grasshopper, and I just snapped the twin PTO drive belts on the rear of the mower. (At least that's what I call them.) Is there a way to put the two new ones on without taking something off. It appears that to get them around the clutch, I'm going to have to remove a bolt and unplug some wire(s). Plus, I'm not exactly sure how to move the tensioner. Seems pretty stiff.

BWH

Threads
I have not had to change my belts in the three years I've owned my 725DT6, but I have changed them on my 721 and 612. I believe you would just have to release tension on the belt tensioner with a 1/2' drive power wrench then slip the new belt over the clutch and power shaft. Yes you would have to unplug the clutch wire and possibly a guard but I can't remember if there is a guard on top of the clutch that has to be removed. I would go look on my 725DT6 but I'm sitting at home recovering from carpel tunnel surgery and my GH is in the mower barn.

One question if it is brand new this season I would think that Grasshopper would stand behind the belts as they should run a few hundred hours minimum.

What was you mowing when they snapped?