Mower deck TB30 Blade out of alignment after hitting concrete. Blade replacement is NO help

Julien60

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / TB30 Blade out of alignment after hitting concrete. Blade replacement is NO help
Hello

Can any one tell me what I need to look for and replace. After hitting a concrete block the blade seems to be canted to one side. It digs into the earth when I have to go over slightly uneven ground.

Thanks for reading my post
Julien

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / TB30 Blade out of alignment after hitting concrete. Blade replacement is NO help
Bent blade flange, broken mandrel housing, bent spindle, warped mower deck, broken mower deck brackets, bad bearings??? Maybe some else can add to this list. Start by taking some measurements and check for anything loose.

Julien60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks

I guess I better yank the deck off and get busy

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the deck off while doing this look at the pulleys. if one has a list then you know where to start looking.
With the deck off grab the ends of the blades & try to move them up 7 down and also see saw put some grunt into it.
If the mounting is broken it will be apparent as the mandrel will move with the blades.
If the bearings have gone then the mandrel will not move with the blades
If the blades re firm & the mandrel is firm then the deck is bent and has an appointment with mr B B Hammar.

Julien60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bert
Thanks for the troubleshooting tips. It is much appreciated

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert
Thanks for the troubleshooting tips. It is much appreciated

Before you pull the deck off set the mower on a flat surface and take them measurement's. This will tell you if something is bent instead of broken.

Julien60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Bert!

Julien60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Reynoldston,

That was an oversight while scrolling down to thank you for YOUR response. No intention to offend. Your help is most appreciated as is everyone else's!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Reynoldston,

That was an oversight while scrolling down to thank you for YOUR response. No intention to offend. Your help is most appreciated as is everyone else's!

I am not offended at all because I am only on this forum for entertainment. I have been into the repair business as a mechanic all my working life and now just a old retired man with nothing better to do but play with my laptop.