Typical issue with clippings building up

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well they made the deck, but it wont hurt to give it a try with the front 1/8 to 1/4 lower.
A tiny amount can make a big difference to the throw on most decks.
No Ferris in my work foot print so I am unlikely to come across one.

Lawn Addict
Threads
X 2, try it, ya might like it.

Chugbug

Threads
I'll give it an 1/8 off to see what happens. There is a lot of build off I can't blow it out it has to be scraped out. Builds up fast and thick so after each cut I have to lay out in the yard and pull and scrap the grass out. It's a PITA.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think adding an 1/8" forward deck slope will help at least keep the rear of the deck clean, most other mowers all recommend the slope.

And if you have to lay out in the yard, grab & save a nice piece of cardboard at least. Ticks are out around here at least.

Lawn Addict
Threads
FWIW: I never measure the deck, I always measure the blade tips to a level surface to get the most accurate set-up & tires properly filled to spec.

Chugbug

Threads
Yep always measure the blade tips on a level surface. It's just odd the Ferris doesn't recommend any off set, set the pin at 4" and the blade tips should all measure out at 4", manual states if your off by more than 1/8 adjust to 4". Strange but I'm going to lower my front blade tips an 1/8 to see if there makes a difference. 1st mower I've ever owned that recommends 4" all around. Thanks for the help.

Lawn Addict
Threads
If your front blade tip(s)are on 4", then raise the rear by an 1/8", then you will still be cutting a true 4 inch cut. And then you will still be in Ferris spec, right ?