Troy Bilt VersaTiller Parts

Snapper101

Threads
I have a Troy Bilt Versatiller Mod. # 12168 , I,m looking for engage/disengage arm part # 1915429. Troy bilt says it,s no longer available. Without this part I can,t disengage the wheels to freewheel it.

Telesis

Threads
Is the part completely missing or broken? Looking at the parts diagram, it looks like a part that can be fabricated "relatively" easily by someone with some machining skills and a welder. Likewise, a broken version should be able to be "revived" relatively easily. The good news is it's not a super intricate part to reproduce!

Snapper101

Threads
I still have the part, it is broken , and yes I,ve thought of trying to repair it. It,s broke right where the bolt goes through the end of it.

Wiz222

Forum Newbie
Threads
I still have the part, it is broken , and yes I,ve thought of trying to repair it. It,s broke right where the bolt goes through the end of it.

I've got exactly the same problem. I'll bet we aren't alone either. I wonder if we could get a machinist to make up a short run of these?

Snapper101

Threads
Ya, I,ll find a tool and die maker and have a few made,, I,ll let you know and send ya one. I have found a solution though. I spin the handle around and right under the shaft there is a 7/16 nut, turn it about 10 or 12 times clock wise and that will pull the rod that disengages the wheels. That gives you a front tine tiller. Takes about 5 minutes or so but gets in done.