HR216 SX

Alsa

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum and this is post #1. Hope everyone is well. I just bought a HR216 SX in excellent condition for $275. I hope that was a good deal. I was told he had it stored in a basement for years. I've been reading up on mowers and just bought this as my first, hopefully last. I'm not able to find any info or manual on this mower online. It says it's made in the USA, can anyone chime in? I'm hoping to give it a tuneup before I put it to work. Any advice or tips will be much appreciated. Thanks

IMG_4395.JPGIMG_4404.JPGIMG_4403.JPGIMG_4402.JPGIMG_4401.JPGIMG_4400.JPGIMG_4399.JPGIMG_4398.JPGIMG_4396.JPGIMG_4405.JPG

Last edited:

jp1961

Threads
Hi Alsa,

Nice mower, saw that one on Detroit's Craigslist. Other than an oil change, tuneup (new plug and air filter), and blade sharpening, I always put a shot of WD-40 in the cables (on a Honda you have to lift up the rubber protective caps). If it's a hydro transmission, I'd check the fluid level in that too.

Regards

Jeff

deckeda

Threads
Nice. It's not every day that a 30-yr old mower has that kind of value. And they do!

Over time you'll see that many mid-80s to early/mid-00 models share similar characteristics and features. Finding out where the differences lie can sometimes be a challenge. So don't ever get frustrated when seeking info about a particular issue.

Try this link for an online version of the manual, https://www.manualslib.com/manual/69332/Honda-Hr216.html

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any advice or tips will be much appreciated. Thanks

Owner's manual here: http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31VB3010.pdf

Shop manual (paper only) sold by Honda direct on eBay and Amazon (free shipping):
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on Amazon

Parts Lookup...after you find the number of the part, Google it to find a dealer selling it online: Honda Power Equipment, Engines and Marine Factory Parts Lookup

Drop me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll get you a Honda goodies pack in the mail :)

mahaffeymj

Threads
Did not know about these mowers, the hr216. Are parts hard to come by?
New to the forum and this is post #1. Hope everyone is well. I just bought a HR216 SX in excellent condition for $275. I hope that was a good deal. I was told he had it stored in a basement for years. I've been reading up on mowers and just bought this as my first, hopefully last. I'm not able to find any info or manual on this mower online. It says it's made in the USA, can anyone chime in? I'm hoping to give it a tuneup before I put it to work. Any advice or tips will be much appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 32729View attachment 32737View attachment 32736View attachment 32735View attachment 32734View attachment 32733View attachment 32732View attachment 32731View attachment 32730View attachment 32738
Do you like the mower? how has it held up? Do you have trouble finding parts? One for sale nearby.