Missing model number

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would have thought that the aluminum Briggs & Stratton would've been the cheapie, that the cast-iron Tecumseh would've been first choice.

Tecumseh made the cheapest engines.
They did also make good ones but their stock & trade was cheap throw away engines to supply the bottom end of the market because most people make heir final decision on price and 5¢ less will win a sale.
The bottom end has no loyalties apart from the $ so the first time some one offers a product 1 ¢ cheaper than your, you loose a customer & Tecumseh could not under cut the Chinese .
Going on a buying spree did not help their cashflow.
Why do you think Briggs suddenly decided to buy up bankrupt mower factories ?
To maintian a demand for their engines.
Whole sale I can buy a Honda copy for 1/4 the price of a Briggs and large scale users would get a lot better price than that.
Toro have gone to Lonscin engines on their domestic models and it time will use Chinese engines exclusively.

And a full cast iron engine is a lot cheaper to make than an alloy one.
On a governed air cooled engine cast iron is a substantially better material but the idiot public are sold on alloy because of its use in cars & motorcycles, where the weight reduction is a massive advantage to the end user.
This does not translate to mowers.

SoDakScott

Forum Newbie
Threads
So this is my lawn mower too. But nowhere in this thread does it say the model number for a 38" murray lawn mower. I need an engine pully if anyone has one or I just need a model number of the mower to order one. Thanks