Yardbug wheel askew

pappy71

Threads
My Yardbug has a floppy left wheel and I cant figure out if its a linkage problem or if it needs a new axle. What should I look for.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pappy,

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't.. However, I know what a bummer it is to ask a question on here and have no one offer so much as a "howdy-do".. Are you talking about one of the front steering wheels? I have found that the entire steering assembly on a Yardman that I have is rather sloppy. So I checked each part of it and then made a sort of shim that fit over a worn out pin and that tightened things up nicely. Get the thing up off the ground and wiggle everything, that should help you identify what's wrong. If you can, take some pictures and post them on here, that always gets more attention than just asking a question..

Best of luck!

Roger B

pappy71

Threads
Pappy,

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't.. However, I know what a bummer it is to ask a question on here and have no one offer so much as a "howdy-do".. Are you talking about one of the front steering wheels? I have found that the entire steering assembly on a Yardman that I have is rather sloppy. So I checked each part of it and then made a sort of shim that fit over a worn out pin and that tightened things up nicely. Get the thing up off the ground and wiggle everything, that should help you identify what's wrong. If you can, take some pictures and post them on here, that always gets more attention than just asking a question..

Best of luck!

Roger B

Thanks for answering Roger. I did jack the thing up and when I inspected both front wheels I found a broken grease bearing on the left front wheel that I think was causing the problem, so I ordered a new one. It will get here next week and that should fix the problem. Thanks again. p.s. If this doesn't work I'll send you some pics.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for answering Roger. I did jack the thing up and when I inspected both front wheels I found a broken grease bearing on the left front wheel that I think was causing the problem, so I ordered a new one. It will get here next week and that should fix the problem. Thanks again. p.s. If this doesn't work I'll send you some pics.

Pappy,

Hell! Send us some pics anyway.. We like pictures... besides, I'm not sure what a "grease bearing" is. Have you got a web site you can attach that shows what you're referring to?

Thanks,

Roger

pappy71

Threads
Pappy,

Hell! Send us some pics anyway.. We like pictures... besides, I'm not sure what a "grease bearing" is. Have you got a web site you can attach that shows what you're referring to?

Thanks, e

Roger

I can't figure out how to post pics on this forum, apparently its a long process so I'll explain it this way; there is a diagram of it on page 31 of the MTD Yardbug owners manual,I know I called it a bearing, sorry,or you can go to E-Bay website and type in Yardbug grease fitting 737-0211a and there will be a pic of this fitting. its a 2 piece . plastic fitting that goes into the wheel before you put it on the axle

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can't figure out how to post pics on this forum, apparently its a long process so I'll explain it this way; there is a diagram of it on page 31 of the MTD Yardbug owners manual,I know I called it a bearing, sorry,or you can go to E-Bay website and type in Yardbug grease fitting 737-0211a and there will be a pic of this fitting. its a 2 piece . plastic fitting that goes into the wheel before you put it on the axle

Pappy,

I went and looked at the fitting as you suggested.. It ain't anything I've seen before, I'm glad you know what it is!

Hey, posting pictures on here is a breeze! Believe me, if I can do it, anybody can!! If you look at the line of icons at the top of the "Reply to Thread" box, which is the first line of icons under the "Title Box" and you count right to left, yeah, I know that's backwards, but you only have to count three! and you see an icon that looks like maybe a paperclip on the left edge of a very small 'page' and then click on that. Another box will appear with a line that says "Add files" on the right-hand end, click on that and a little box comes up with a line that says, "Browse". Click on that and it will connect you to your picture files. Select the picture you want to post and double click on it. The box will come back and say "Up Load", click on that and when it's all done up loading, click on "Done". Then when you click on "Submit" for your posting, the picture will appear after what you've written. Be sure to write what you want to say first! - Then do all this picture stuff and last click on "submit".. You'll be a pro in no time!

Roger

pappy71

Threads
Pappy,

I went and looked at the fitting as you suggested.. It ain't anything I've seen before, I'm glad you know what it is!

Hey, posting pictures on here is a breeze! Believe me, if I can do it, anybody can!! If you look at the line of icons at the top of the "Reply to Thread" box, which is the first line of icons under the "Title Box" and you count right to left, yeah, I know that's backwards, but you only have to count three! and you see an icon that looks like maybe a paperclip on the left edge of a very small 'page' and then click on that. Another box will appear with a line that says "Add files" on the right-hand end, click on that and a little box comes up with a line that says, "Browse". Click on that and it will connect you to your picture files. Select the picture you want to post and double click on it. The box will come back and say "Up Load", click on that and when it's all done up loading, click on "Done". Then when you click on "Submit" for your posting, the picture will appear after what you've written. Be sure to write what you want to say first! - Then do all this picture stuff and last click on "submit".. You'll be a pro in no time!

Roger
OK here we go the 2nd pic shows the broken pair the 3rd pic shows how they should be,(the top is broken off) the one I ordered looks like pic 3.Thanks for showing me how to do that. regards Ken

Attachments

• misc 2017 001.jpg
    misc 2017 001.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 4
  • misc 2017 002.jpg
    misc 2017 002.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 2
  • misc 2017 003.jpg
    misc 2017 003.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK here we go the 2nd pic shows the broken pair the 3rd pic shows how they should be,(the top is broken off) the one I ordered looks like pic 3.Thanks for showing me how to do that. regards Ken

Ken,

See! I told you it was easy... I knew if an old duffer like me could do it, then you wouldn't have any problem!

What goes in through the hole in the bushing? The steering arm? Or the wheel axel? Or something else?

Roger

pappy71

Threads
Ken,

See! I told you it was easy... I knew if an old duffer like me could do it, then you wouldn't have any problem!

What goes in through the hole in the bushing? The steering arm? Or the wheel axel? Or something else?

Roger

the wheel axle, I put them on the machine this morning and shored up the problem wheel with some washers until the new fitting arrives next week this should let me cut the grass one more time, now I just have to do a toe-in alignment and it should be good to go. take care, Ken