Kubota G5200 Lawn Tractor

turbofiat124

Threads
My father and I was at a tractor dealership yesterday picking up a finishing mower for his tractor and they had a Kubota diesel lawn tractor on their lot that was either this same model or looked similar to it. I'm not sure what year it was.

4838253_04_kubota_g5200_diesel_lawn_tract_640.jpg

4838253_06_kubota_g5200_diesel_lawn_tract_640.jpg

I'm 99% sure it's a G5200. It looks identical to this one. Even the dirty engine, paint condition and even the ripped seat. LOL!

Even though I already own two riding mowers, the 3 cylinder diesel engine caught my attention. You know since you run an older diesel engine on waste motor oil and transmission fluid once you get it heated up to engine temperature. But that's another story...

I went in to ask the guy how much they wanted for it. He seemed eager to make a deal. He jumped up out of his seat and said $1800 (which I thought was rather high) but was willing to negotiate as if they had it for quite some time and was eager to get rid of it. I made an excuse that my 6 year old daughter was getting agitated and we needed to go home and would think about it and come back if I decided anything. Which was somewhat true. I just though $1800 was too high. The battery was dead so I didn't get a chance to hear it run.

The question is, is $1800 rather high for a mower of this age?

However it being a Kubota, I'm guessing it might last me the rest of my life. Considering I paid about the same for my rebadged Husqvarna Craftsman from Sears about 7 years ago. Which has been a good mower except for having to reweld brackets on the deck from getting it in and out of my yard barn. Which is my fault since the deck is 46" and my door opening on my yard barn is 48".

Unlike my 2000 Snapper Hi-Vac that literally fell apart after 5 years of use.

What should I offer them for it?

jlexon

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a good tractor, but $1800 is very high for a machine that rough.
$500-$800 would be a lot more reasonable for a 30 year old machine
in that rough shape.