DC silver eagle deal

dixienormus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, im currently looking at a dixie chopper silver eagle 60inch 27hp generac ztr. Its a 2012 model with 135 hrs. The owner is asking 4900 for it.

Hows the reliability of this mower, and is that a good price.

I will be mowing 5.24 acres that's primarily flat with trees on half the property.

i have pictures and video if needed.

lukedunlap

Forum Newbie
Threads
probably too late but I have a similar situation - silver eagle - 7 acres. so far so good - but only 3 seasons on it. even when my blades are banged up i still get a great cut. still seems very solid when i compare to the Exmark next door

jbeane

Threads
Hello, im currently looking at a dixie chopper silver eagle 60inch 27hp generac ztr. Its a 2012 model with 135 hrs. The owner is asking 4900 for it.

Hows the reliability of this mower, and is that a good price.

I will be mowing 5.24 acres that's primarily flat with trees on half the property.

i have pictures and video if needed.

We have been using roughly the same mower for two years to handle about 6 to 8 acres of former pasture that is now yard. We have not had any issues in the first 180 hours of runtime. The price is about 1/2 of what we paid for a new one, so it sounds like a good deal. The engine on ours is not the genrac so I can't comment about the engine. So far we have not experienced any mechanical issues and after two years most everything still looks very good and when we really clean it up, it could pass for new. We have areas so rough that you have to creep over it so it sees some abuse.

If you do buy I would highly recommend swapping the blades for a set of Oregon G6 blades, the cut is so much better than the standard blades.