Part not found???? Air Cleaner or something else.

robbierob008

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro 22" push mower with a Tecumseh engine on it. Model Number for the engine is LV195XA-362089E. I am having issues locating the exact part I am needing. I have checked multiple websites that have exploded views of the engine and it looks like part 240 is the part I am missing. But there are no parts 240 on the part lists, they skip that number?!?!?!

So went to Tecumseh website and from a generic picture of the engine it looks as if the missing part is the air cleaner assembly. I am not having any luck posting a picture of the suspected part??

I'll describe it as best I can. If you are looking at the left side of the mower, where the carburetor is. The part in question attaches to the right side of the carb. There is a small hose coming out of the carb, just hanging there. I shot some carb cleaner into the opening and was able to get it to start, but it only ran for 5 seconds then died.

I did a complete "tune-up" on it too, E3 plug, fresh engine oil, non-ethenol fuel, even sprayed some carb cleaner into the fuel tank before pouring gas into the tank, shot quite a bit in there to help clean out the carb as well, clean the "fuel system."

Any kind of assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have done everything I can do, that is in my wheel house of talents. So help would, well, help.

Thank you,

RM

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Someone once said, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Probably a mistake to spray carb cleaner in the gas tank and leave it connected to the carburetor. Whatever it cleans out, you don't want it going into the carb. I would dump that tankful of gas and rinse it thoroughly before trying to start it again.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am having an issue with coming up with your exact model number in the Tecumseh parts search. I can find a 682089D but no E version. Normally when a part is not listed in the parts list that means it isn't used on that engine.

robbierob008

Forum Newbie
Threads
Someone once said, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Probably a mistake to spray carb cleaner in the gas tank and leave it connected to the carburetor. Whatever it cleans out, you don't want it going into the carb. I would dump that tankful of gas and rinse it thoroughly before trying to start it again.

I will do the tank dump and see if fresh gas will make it work. I am concerned with it not having an air filter, wouldn't it suck up everything it breathes in? Still not able to upload a photo of the area mentioned.

I may have to end up pulling the carburetor, which is something I am not looking forward to. I am mechanically inclined, but carbs still baffle me, too many small parts to keep track of!!

Thank you for the assistance.

RM

robbierob008

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having an issue with coming up with your exact model number in the Tecumseh parts search. I can find a 682089D but no E version. Normally when a part is not listed in the parts list that means it isn't used on that engine.

Yes I am certain that it is: LV195XA-362089E
Labeled Engine Family: 7TPXS.1951BC

RMhttps://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/tecumseh/4-cycle-veritical/lv195xa/lv195xa-362089e/engine-parts-list-lev-pg1

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I looks like item 241 on the 2nd page of the engine parts diagram is what is being used.

robbierob008

Forum Newbie
Threads
I looks like item 241 on the 2nd page of the engine parts diagram is what is being used.

That may very well be it. I just wish I could upload the picture to show the exact part in question.

Regards,

RM

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will do the tank dump and see if fresh gas will make it work. I am concerned with it not having an air filter, wouldn't it suck up everything it breathes in? Still not able to upload a photo of the area mentioned.

I may have to end up pulling the carburetor, which is something I am not looking forward to. I am mechanically inclined, but carbs still baffle me, too many small parts to keep track of!!

RM

Yes, it sure will suck up any and everything in the air. Don't run it without an air filter.

Small engine carburetors are very simple. Digital cameras make it much easier.

aj-allen

Forum Newbie
Threads
You should need all of these parts

Selection_002.png

robbierob008

Forum Newbie
Threads

241 is already mounted onto the carburetor. So that would mean all I would need is the air filter and the air filter cover.

But that still does not explain why it won't stay running for more than 5 seconds?!?! I would assume that this would mean a carburetor tear out??

Go to thinking that if it wouldn't allow me to upload a photo, why not try a YouTube video....Yay, it worked.

Any suggestions on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

RM

Last edited: