Scag TT cranks butwon't start

Gregory Blume

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2003 Turd Tiger with a 27HP Kawasaki liquid cooled engine, I purchased it new and now has 1000 hrs on it. I was using it and the engine died, the fuel pump appeared not to be running, I took the hose off at the carb and very little fuel was coming out so I bought a new pump, now good flow but no start. removed a spark plug and there is spark while cranking. If I spray carb cleaner into the carb it will run. It appears to me there is no fuel getting through the carb, spark plugs are dry, no signs of any wetness. I removed the fuel line at the carb and installed a tube that I could blow through and I cannot blow into the carb, so the bowl is full and the float is holding the needle on the seat which would be normal, or the needle is stuck closed which I find hard to believe, but anything is possible at this point. There is a electronic switch at the base of the carb which I cannot find any info what this does? Is it a fuel cutoff switch? It has a single wire that goes to the voltage regulator, with the key on there is 12 vdc to the switch, I cannot hear or feel any noise from the switch when placing the ignition switch off and on, it does have 40 ohms resistance from the lead wire to ground. Thanks in advance for any help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a little solenoid on the end of the carb.
It stops fuel passing up the main jet tube into the carb.
If it don't open, the engine don't go.

Gregory Blume

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Bert, thats where I'm going now! Will post my findings

Gregory Blume

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ordered and changed the fuel shutoff solenoid. Problem Fixed. $150, Kawasaki Part Number 21188-2011
Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ordered and changed the fuel shutoff solenoid. Problem Fixed. $150, Kawasaki Part Number 21188-2011
Thanks

Good to hear but Ouch !!!!.
I thought $ 80 for a B & S one was a touch pricey.
That equates to over $ 200 down here.