need user reviews not salesman hype. 60 inch plus commercial duty

fimble

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / need user reviews not salesman hype. 60 inch plus commercial duty
large farm / nursery here. wanting 60 inch plus mower that will hold up to some rough terrain and mowing non manicured areas. of course something that fits my body..making up for short with girth.....
as such scags did not fit not did a lot of others... so far liking the kubota 725 and 726 series and the ferris 61 and 72 inch z3200.

would like other suggestions and most importantly reviews of life and durability of the kohler command engines - the kawasaki efi seems to be on a lot - the briggs vanguard?

noting some decks the spindles have grease fittings. to me grease fittings are a good idea. current woods mower ( same decks as gravely and ariens ) was supposed to be commercial mower ( lying salesman bites rocks )
needs all three spindles replaced several times in a season. kohler engine needed replaced at 169 hours due to bad crankshaft ( not warrantied since my 2 years was up ) (( I usually get the lemon on anything it seems.... ))

talk to me folks as I want to buy one and only one more permanent mower.

one salesman said bob cat makes kubota - just a different paint job?? snapper and ferris are connected?? some companies do make things in different grades for others under their total corp. ie black and decker at least or a while had el cheapo big box and contractor grades. nowadays everything seems labeled contractor grade - commercial grade - heavy duty - etc... just labels not indicative of actual quality

PVHIII

Threads
large farm / nursery here. wanting 60 inch plus mower that will hold up to some rough terrain and mowing non manicured areas. of course something that fits my body..making up for short with girth.....
as such scags did not fit not did a lot of others... so far liking the kubota 725 and 726 series and the ferris 61 and 72 inch z3200.

would like other suggestions and most importantly reviews of life and durability of the kohler command engines - the kawasaki efi seems to be on a lot - the briggs vanguard?

noting some decks the spindles have grease fittings. to me grease fittings are a good idea. current woods mower ( same decks as gravely and ariens ) was supposed to be commercial mower ( lying salesman bites rocks )
needs all three spindles replaced several times in a season. kohler engine needed replaced at 169 hours due to bad crankshaft ( not warrantied since my 2 years was up ) (( I usually get the lemon on anything it seems.... ))

talk to me folks as I want to buy one and only one more permanent mower.

one salesman said bob cat makes kubota - just a different paint job?? snapper and ferris are connected?? some companies do make things in different grades for others under their total corp. ie black and decker at least or a while had el cheapo big box and contractor grades. nowadays everything seems labeled contractor grade - commercial grade - heavy duty - etc... just labels not indicative of actual quality
I am in the process of buying a Gravely Pro-Turn 460 (as soon as my Hustler Fastrak SD sells)...I have demo'd or at least rode about every brand of ZT in the last month and the Gravely is by far the most comfortable mower I have ever sat on..I would suggest you demo one and if comfort is high on your priority list..you will absolutely love it... good luck!!!!

SJParker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wondering if you made a decision? I'm going to look at the Kubota z700 series later today. So far looked at the John Deere z930m and Dixie Chopper Blackhawk HP. Still want to look at the Kubota z700 series and Ferris s2100. Few other options out there for sure but the dealers are not as close so any feedback on any of these brands will help my search too.

Thanks

RajunCajun

Threads
I use Snapper Pro S150XT 52". A comparable model for you would be the Snapper Pro S200xt 61". Snapper Pro is built at same factory as FERRIS and SIMPLICITY. Great machines. Snapper Pro is basically a FERRIS without the suspension add-ons. I just bought my NEW S150xt KawFX730v 52" yesterday. REPLACED My 2014 S150xt that was ruined in the flood here in August.
Largest Dual, commercial Hydro-Gear® ZT-5400 Powertrain® transaxles with 9" mounted dual fans. Top of the line seat. Flat free front tires. Cast iron spindles.
LINK BELOW:

https://www.snapperpro.com/na/en_us/...rs/s200xt.html

Best bang for your buck. Just my 2 cents!
Eric in Louisiana

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image.png
    image.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 62

cambre

Threads
I live in eastern Oklahoma but was born in New Iberia, Louisiana, a full bleed cajun. The mower you bought sounds great. I have a commercial 725D Grasshopper I have had for 6 yrs. Its been great so far, really like the front deck that raises. Easy to service blades & clean under it.

RajunCajun

Threads
I live in eastern Oklahoma but was born in New Iberia, Louisiana, a full bleed cajun. The mower you bought sounds great. I have a commercial 725D Grasshopper I have had for 6 yrs. Its been great so far, really like the front deck that raises. Easy to service blades & clean under it.

I live in Greenwell Springs. All my relatives are in Abbeville. Nice to hear from you. The August flood damaged 130,000 homes in 20 parishes including Lafayette area from which you come from. We are still recovering. I put a picture of my home as I was evacuating my wife, neighbors wife, the dog out. We used my grandsons blow up swimming pool. My neighbor and I floated the wives out through two neighborhoods in 10 mph current. Something I never want to go through again. I'm 59 and retired. Now finishing up repairing the house.
HVe a good one.
Eric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

cambre

Threads
I live in Greenwell Springs. All my relatives are in Abbeville. Nice to hear from you. The August flood damaged 130,000 homes in 20 parishes including Lafayette area from which you come from. We are still recovering. I put a picture of my home as I was evacuating my wife, neighbors wife, the dog out. We used my grandsons blow up swimming pool. My neighbor and I floated the wives out through two neighborhoods in 10 mph current. Something I never want to go through again. I'm 59 and retired. Now finishing up repairing the house.
HVe a good one.
Eric

Good to hear from you. I have been to Abbeville a lot over 50 yrs ago. I am 79 on August 21st. Been retired for 17 yrs. My relatives live in New Iberia (20 miles south of Lafayette, the only town where you can get lost on one block), Franklin, Jeanerette & Morgan City with nices & nephews scattered all over south Louisiana. Sounds like the flood really done damage to you & your neighbors. One thing about cajuns is they stick together & help each other. I love being a cajun & I miss the food big time. I got drafted in 1961 & married a girl from Ft. Smith Arkansas. We were married for 41 yrs. She died in 2004 of cancer, fought it for 12 yrs. I moved to eastern Oklahoma so I could live in the country. My Mother who died at 98 yrs old taught me to cook some cajun dishes. Let me hear from you, my phone #918 479 629 2563, a cell is all I have.

RajunCajun

Threads
Good to hear from you. I have been to Abbeville a lot over 50 yrs ago. I am 79 on August 21st. Been retired for 17 yrs. My relatives live in New Iberia (20 miles south of Lafayette, the only town where you can get lost on one block), Franklin, Jeanerette & Morgan City with nices & nephews scattered all over south Louisiana. Sounds like the flood really done damage to you & your neighbors. One thing about cajuns is they stick together & help each other. I love being a cajun & I miss the food big time. I got drafted in 1961 & married a girl from Ft. Smith Arkansas. We were married for 41 yrs. She died in 2004 of cancer, fought it for 12 yrs. I moved to eastern Oklahoma so I could live in the country. My Mother who died at 98 yrs old taught me to cook some cajun dishes. Let me hear from you, my phone #918 479 629 2563, a cell is all I have.

Good to hear from a fellow Cajun!
First, I thank you for your service! I am really sorry for your loss! I've been married to my hi school sweetheart for 34 years after we dated for 7 years so I've known her virtually all my life. I can't imagine losing her. My two sons and two grandsons and all my family are the most important. The flood really brought me back down to reality and what's most important in life. Correct your phone number ( too many numbers ) and I'll give you a call.
Had the two grandsons over this week. They are real in entertaining. I try to teach them the simple pleasures in life. But I think they are teaching me! They love playing in the water. Haha. ( picture below) My daughter in law refuses to cut the younger grandsons hair. She thinks it's cute. The jury is still out on dat one.
Eric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 7

cambre

Threads
Good to hear from a fellow Cajun!
First, I thank you for your service! I am really sorry for your loss! I've been married to my hi school sweetheart for 34 years after we dated for 7 years so I've known her virtually all my life. I can't imagine losing her. My two sons and two grandsons and all my family are the most important. The flood really brought me back down to reality and what's most important in life. Correct your phone number ( too many numbers ) and I'll give you a call.
Had the two grandsons over this week. They are real in entertaining. I try to teach them the simple pleasures in life. But I think they are teaching me! They love playing in the water. Haha. ( picture below) My daughter in law refuses to cut the younger grandsons hair. She thinks it's cute. The jury is still out on dat one.
Eric

Grand kids are great. Ph. #479 629 2563 (918 is OK prefix). Hope to hear from you.

CowPastor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've only had my Ferris is2100z 61" with 26HP Vanguard for a month but really enjoying it. Cuts my 14 acres great, I mainly bought because of how well it handles the rough terrain/holes and the hills.