Z 725 keeps stalling out

davang55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I own 2 Kubota tractors and some hay equipment and I just bought this 725 zero turn brand new last fall. It has 75 hours on it.
At around the 30 hours mark the mower started to stall out after 15-20 minutes of use. I brought it to the dealer and they said said they checked for all the "known issues" with he Kohler engine and my mower was fine. They cleaned out the fuel tank and lines free of charge and ran the mower extensively and can find no problem. They said it was probably clogged fuel lines from debris and I should be good now.

So I took it home. It ran great for 30 minutes, I thought I was out of the woods and BAM stalls again. I just ran it today for 10 minutes and stalls again. I am able to restart it and limp back to the house. Anyone know of an "issue" with the Z 725 with the Kohler engine? The service manager is convinced its a gas issue that debris gets in the gas when the gas cap is removed for refueling. Kubota won't cover this under warranty and he "fixed me up" out of the goodness of his heart this one time. A fuel system clean is a $300 item with all the labor to get thing thing apart. Very disappointed for a $9000 machine.

TIA

Jeff

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get 2 in line spark testers and run the mower till is stalls. Check to see if spark is till the bitter end. If it is it is a fuel problem If not than an electrical problem. Gas out of the pump you buy it from can be bad. See if you can find non ethnol gas for testing. If you can buy it I would suggest to run it all the time.

It can also be a clogged fuel cap and other things but you need to test the spark first.