Brand new mower with one wheel not level

nicholas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased new mower. One wheel does not sit flat on ground. You can spin it by hand. I guess it has to be at least a 1/8" off the ground. Is that acceptable on new mower? Dealer states within tolerance of manufacturer. Any comments are appreciated.

Micko

Threads
I assume tire pressures have been checked? Will it still spin with you sitting on the mower?
End of the day, a lawn is full of bumps and undulations so a slightly (1/8th) twisted frame (if thats what it is) probably wont cause to much of a drama. Probably sort itself out as the frame twists with use!
What can cause issues is a twisted deck!
If you are super worried about it, park the low wheel on a brick and put weight on the opposite side. Leave it like that for a week and see what happens.
Mowers are made out of many parts put together by people on low wages that go to work hung over or looking to get hung over. For the size of the problem (1/8th) I'd forgive.
Real problems start when things fail!
Check your tires, grab a beer and go mowing, dont stress about it!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Purchased new mower. One wheel does not sit flat on ground. You can spin it by hand. I guess it has to be at least a 1/8" off the ground. Is that acceptable on new mower? Dealer states within tolerance of manufacturer. Any comments are appreciated.

We need just a little more information then a Honda mower. What type of mower, push or rider. A model number would be even better.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have worked for dealers and the answer within tolerance of manufacture is saying they don't want to repair it. So they a telling you that you bought it you own it. You might try to contact Honda but good luck with that. The manufacture wants to dump the problem into the dealers lap and then the dealer makes it the mechanics problem to fix it. What is the saying Problems (Poo) roll down hill.

nicholas

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have worked for dealers and the answer within tolerance of manufacture is saying they don't want to repair it. So they a telling you that you bought it you own it. You might try to contact Honda but good luck with that. The manufacture wants to dump the problem into the dealers lap and then the dealer makes it the mechanics problem to fix it. What is the saying Problems (Poo) roll down hill.

Dealer said they will try to repair, but I am leery since it is brand new. Perhaps I am being overly concerned.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you are mowing your lawn you wouldn't even notice that 1/8 inch.