158 cc Briggs & Stratton engine stuttering

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That style carb is prone to warpage under the intake pipe area, and will suck the diaphragm in and allow fuel to be pulled around the edge causing rich running and black smoke sputtering.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I must'a got lucky on mine then. Cause it has been running fine about 2 years now since I had to tighten up the carb/tank screws.

Smithy

Forum Newbie
Threads
That style carb is prone to warpage under the intake pipe area, and will suck the diaphragm in and allow fuel to be pulled around the edge causing rich running and black smoke sputtering.

I think that was the issue. You can see a very slight opening, when you put it against a straight edge. Maybe, because of the hot engine, due to the dirt filled cooling fins, the carburateur got bent, it was the side closest to the engine as well.

Anyway, now with the new carb, it runs flawless again. :smile:

BTW I saw some dirt cheap carburateurs on Ebay, from China, but I opted for an original to be safe and for the faster delivery. Has anybody experience with those after market chinese carbs? Do they work?

Lawn Addict
Threads
FWIW: I have an ebay $9. chinese carb on my Honda Mini-Tiller, runs great. Hopefully it will still run the same next time I have to till the garden.. :laughing: