Nikki carb rebuild on 18.5 Briggs

Texasjherrera

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in need of some advice, I've purchased a rebuild kit for my carburetor on my Poulan after it has failed to start the engine. I've come to the conclusion the carburetor was the issue by using an ignition tester I purchased that told me via a sequence of flashes (error) suggesting there was probably an issue with the fuel system. Spark plug and wire was good, changed the oil, new filters, compression is around 90 PSI. So I rebuilt the carb and I've never done it before and I forgot to put the main jet in, I tried turning it over and it wouldn't turn on. After looking at YouTube videos I realized what I had done, I corrected the issue and still won't run, if I spray some starter fluid it starts briefly. Any suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fuel shut off solenoid on the bottom of the carb is not retracting when the power is turned on.

Texasjherrera

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I checked that as well, I removed it from the carb and turned the key, it works then. Do you think while inside it's not functioning right?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could you please supply your Engine information , ( needed for diagnosis by technicians) .... see EXAMPLE !

GET INFO.JPG

Texasjherrera

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes of course,
Poulan Pro 42" deck / Year of Mfg 2006?
Model:pD185H42STA
18.5 HP Briggs and Stratton SOHV
Model: 31P777 Type: 0299E1 Code: 040130ZE

MonkeyCam

Threads