Toss the bungee get some Para Cord

Scythe

Threads
I thought this area was appropriate for my post being that my Alpha MP was the red headed version of the RSD.

I have opened the discharge my removing that small section from the throat – as seen in 577 Jersey’s video @ 2:32. https://youtu.be/rSFcqL4IAYk

The pulley cover shrouds now have some openings to clear that grass out. I like one larger cut out over several smaller. I tried both and that is just how I am; you do yours however you like it.

Now I needed control of the discharge chute when I'm mowing and when I park it at night. I used some stainless steel hardware, Para Cord and added a D-Loop. The D – Loop is common in archery, I'm not sure if it is used in any other applications.

I started with 5.5 feet of cord, tied the loose ends together and melted them to prevent fraying, the loop then passed thru the eye bolt leaving the knotted end at the bolt and slipped the loop over the transport lever. I decided 2 sections of Para cord would be better and did a quick weave for the purpose of the photo. I need to learn how they weave para cord.

With the D loop you can position it where you want it, slip it over the transport lever while mowing or drop the chute on the go. It all remains connected and within easy reach at the transport lever. If you click on the last image it should bring up a gif that shows how to tie a d loop

Cord and Transport lever 2.jpg D Loop on Cord 1.jpg dLoop.gif

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I hope you put a BIG washer under the eye bolt with a piece of rubber ( old inner tube ) between it and the plastic chute

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

bradmc

Threads
I did a similar mod to my RSD, but I drilled horizontally through one of the stiffening ribs of the chute instead of down through it. I didn't want damp clippings gathering on a bolt head on the underside. I also left quite a bit more slack in the line. I only have a single strand of paracord, and just tied a loop in the center to hook over the deck height release for when I pull into my shed after mowing.

Scythe

Threads
Work and Family have kept me away but I did take some time to improve my cord.

I did use a large fender washer on the bottom and chopped off the excess on the bolt up to the nut, all hardware is stainless. I used the same setup on my old JD

My discharge was altered for storage and for mowing; its adjustable on the fly.

The red and black are colors that hold a place in my heart and have meaning for me, my last duty station was 1/11 ACR Fulda Germany.

ACR Fulda.JPG Discharge Cord 3.jpgDischarge Cord 4.jpg