Troy Built Pony

OldLyme

Forum Newbie
Threads
model number 13wn77ks011
So out mowing, pull the blades handle up and put it in reverse and it starts trying to cut out. I knew something was wrong, put down the blades lever again blades activated, then pulled it up to turn it off again so i could reverse. Same thing happened again. So i shut the mower off... and now it won't start. Some sort of switch failed? What went wrong here.... also I'm getting nothing from turning the key. Battery has juice. thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pto safety switch failed possibly. Acts like it thinks the blades are still engaged. If this is the mower that you lower the deck to engage and raise to stop the blades, try holding back on the handle while trying to start. Sometimes that switch will get out of adjustment and by pulling back the lever will cause it to work.

OldLyme

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pulling back on the lever did it. Fired up, and was fine. Is that switch hard to get to? I wouldn't mind readjusting it back to normal. Still cuts out on reverse unless i pull back on lever. Really appreciate the help!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The older mowers had a cover between your legs when sitting on the seat where the direction shifter was located that could be removed to access the switch and bend the tap and fix the issue. If you don't have that cover, you may have to remove the deck and access it from the bottom. That is if they haven't moved the switch so make sure it is still there before doing much disassembly.