Reducing my carbon footprint

MowerMike

Threads
Yesterday I gave away my Husqvarna gas lawn mower, Echo string trimmer and Echo blade edger to my friend's son for use at his new house. I hadn't used these garden power tools for many years, since replacing them with cordless electric tools. I still have a couple of gas handheld blowers (Echo and Hitachi) and a Generac pressure washer, because I find the electric versions to be a problem with either run time or performance. Perhaps the day will come when these too can be replaced with eco-friendly tools to further reduce my carbon footprint. :smile:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
No problem! We'll just shovel a few more tons of coal into the electrical generating station to charge up all that stuff.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Need to make some room at the landfill for all those dead useless batteries , lets see, .. are those Lead-Acid..or
Ni-Cads ???? Maybe they're the Lithium's that have spontaneous combustion ?? TOXIC ..??? NAH !! ( LOL )
and make room for those chargers too !!

MowerMike

Threads
No problem! We'll just shovel a few more tons of coal into the electrical generating station to charge up all that stuff.

Right, because we all know there are no alternatives to coal. :laughing:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Right, because we all know there are no alternatives to coal. :laughing:
Right, I forgot--we can just add some more solar power plants. They work so well at night. Or wind! Surely it won't require any backups, because it's windy all the time.

MowerMike

Threads
Need to make some room at the landfill for all those dead useless batteries , lets see, .. are those Lead-Acid..or
Ni-Cads ???? Maybe they're the Lithium's that have spontaneous combustion ?? TOXIC ..??? NAH !! ( LOL )
and make room for those chargers too !!

Yes, I take all my toxic stuff to the local landfill, because that's the only way to dispose of it. Sometimes, I just throw my trash out of the bed of my gas guzzling pickup truck onto the roadside. Recycling, what is that ? :laughing:

MowerMike

Threads
Right, I forgot--we can just add some more solar power plants. They work so well at night. Or wind! Surely it won't require any backups, because it's windy all the time.

Of course, those are the ONLY alternatives. There is no such thing as nuclear or natural gas electrical power generation, and while they certainly have their drawbacks, they pale in comparison with coal.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey purvis, .... ain't about time to re-fill the Kool-Aid & Bull-Schitt ...???? ....:cool:
just mention NUCLEAR power and watch the temper ---atures rise !!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, there's no waste disposal problem with nuclear. Or hazards from operator error or machine malfunction.

"Carbon footprint." Who invented this phrase, Al Gore, the man with one of the most gigantic "carbon footprints" of all humanity?

If one thinks his "carbon footprint" is too large, maybe he should use a weed whip or scythe.

MowerMike

Threads
Yeah, there's no waste disposal problem with nuclear. Or hazards from operator error or machine malfunction.

Actually, as someone who has worked for nearly forty years in the nuclear power industry, I have found that there is a massive amount of ignorance on this topic, as demonstrated in this forum. If you are really interested in making a meaningful contribution to this discussion, I suggest you better educate yourself before making silly uninformed remarks.