LT 1045 Blowing Fuse

TXWhirlyBird

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had to make some repairs on my Cub Cadet LT 1045 mower this week because the steering bushing and gears wore out. I had to drop the mower deck to reach everything, but finally got the job done. I started up the mower and pulled it out of my garage, engine running fine with no odd noises or other issues. But when I went to turn on the mower, it blew the 20 amp fuse and shut the whole tractor down. I check my voltage on the battery and it was fine. Pulled the fuse, replaced it with a new one and tried it again. Started fine, ran fine, shut off the second I pulled out the knob to engage the mower.

I've looked at the Service manual that was posted in here in 2013...and I'm very glad I found that! However, it doesn't address this particular issue.

Hoping someone in here can help shed some light on this.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pinch a wire when you repaired the steering???

pattier4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't know if you are still having this problem. I had a similar issue with my Cub Cadet RZT50. What I found was that the wiring harness for the PTO was rubbing against the spinning driveshaft and had worn through the wiring insulation. This caused the PTO to short and would blow the fuse. I had to cut the exposed wire and put on a butt splice for each wire . I also installed some of that hard plastic sleeving over the splices and made sure the wires were routed in an area that would no longer run. This was difficult to do without removing the PTO, but I did it. I did lose about one inch of wire length in the process.