XRZ ran fine, now nothing with key at start

Al Morris

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey folks,

I'm kinda in a bind. I am in Virginia where Bobcat mowers are not all that common. Regardless I bought one and it has been flawless for 3 years with less than 100 hours.
As the subject line states, I used it Tuesday and it was fine. Tried to start it Wednesday and nothing. I finally found and checked the fuses. They're ok. To make it worse, the dealer I bought the mower from soon discontinued selling them and a short time later, went out of business.

Anyone have similar experiences out there with Bobcats in general. I will do some tracking with a voltmeter to see if the solenoid is getting voltage. The wiring diagram is a freaking nightmare to follow. Is there better documentation out there. The user manual has very limited info.

Thanks in advance.

Al Morris

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey folks,

I'm kinda in a bind. I am in Virginia where Bobcat mowers are not all that common. Regardless I bought one and it has been flawless for 3 years with less than 100 hours.
As the subject line states, I used it Tuesday and it was fine. Tried to start it Wednesday and nothing. I finally found and checked the fuses. They're ok. To make it worse, the dealer I bought the mower from soon discontinued selling them and a short time later, went out of business.

Anyone have similar experiences out there with Bobcats in general. I will do some tracking with a voltmeter to see if the solenoid is getting voltage. The wiring diagram is a freaking nightmare to follow. Is there better documentation out there. The user manual has very limited info.

Thanks in advance.

Update: I was doing voltage checks at the solenoid and starter. Everything looked good but still wasn't starting. Then I placed the probe on the starter incoming power lug. Turned the key to start and I'm back to mowing. I'll see if it repeats. One would think it will happen again. I'm never comfortable when problems fix themselves. I like solutions. :confused2: :wink: