huaqvarna push mower 175cc 7.5hp no start

Dustinkerr

Threads
Hey guys, I have a 175cc 7.5hp b&s engine that will not start unless I use carb and choke cleaner ,, after it starts the thing runs pretty good,,
I have checked the auto choke to make sure it is working proper and it seems to be working right ,, I pulled the carburetor off took it apart and soaked it in cleaner and sprayed thru all the passages ,everything seems good , the carb looks almost new as it is ,, I made sure the float is working and letting gas thru ,, I even checked the valves to make sure they were set properly ,,
I'm at a loss , is this something so simple I'm over looking it? any help would be awesome , thanks!! Dustin

Dustinkerr

Threads
guys, I would love some advice on this , it truly has me stumped... could it be possible that a weak spark could cause this , a spark that's not strong enough to ignigte gass but just strong enough to ignite carb n choke cleaner , then once the engine spins up a bit faster the spark gets stronger? is this even possible?

Dustinkerr

Threads
Turned out to be a dirty carb , no matter how much cleaning and blowing and poking , I ended up just replacing it then the mower fired right up ,, thanks guys

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, sometimes it is very hard to get one cleaned.