Frustration finding a lawnmower as good as my Country Clipper 2200

modon33196@aol.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Frustration finding a lawnmower as good as my Country Clipper 2200
I've been looking for a new mower to replace my Country Clipper is a forward mount zero turn. The benefit of the forward mount is that you can get under bushes and trees without getting into them personally. This mower is 21 years old. The front seal under the flywheel was leaking and filled the shroud and fins with debris. How it cooled itself is a mystery. I couldn't figure out where this leak was until one of the coils failed requiring disassembly of the front shroud. Anyway a good clean up, new seal and 2 coils and it's back to running good again.

I've looked at SCAG cheetah. SCAG has a suspension system that supports the operator from head to tow. Looks like a great mower but not a forward mounted deck.

Have any of you looked at a Swisher? These seem to be comparable to what I have but I can't find any dealers nearby. Budget is as high as 11K.

By the way I refurbished a Walk behind SCAG. It turned out really good.

Last week I repaired my brother in laws John Deere 320. The deck was all broken up so I welded it up and sharpened the blades and it cut good. The charging system wasn't working. While inspecting it I found a red battery cable being used for a ground and a black cable on the positive. Yep, they jumped it backwards. A terminal in the regulator melted and wasn't making a good connection. Replaced the terminal and wala, it works.

This week is my mother in laws Craftsman 22 horse 36 inch lawn tractor. It's been down for two years. She bought it in 98 and paid for the extended warranty from Sears. The service man finally gave up on it. It only needs a drive belt. The basic tractor is good and the deck is good. Oh well, the parts will be here first of the week.

I just retired as a diesel mechanic and it seems I'm busier than when I was working.

Thanks for listening if you got this far.

Matt ODonnell

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
  • / Frustration finding a lawnmower as good as my Country Clipper 2200
Hi Matt. Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our Buying and Pricing section to see if we can find you some answers.