Huskee Supreme SLT4600H Hydrostatic Transmission Maintenance

Keith378

Threads
  • / Huskee Supreme SLT4600H Hydrostatic Transmission Maintenance
I have the above mentioned mower (Model# 13AX615H730) with a manufacturing date of 1/2007 currently with 730.8 hours on the machine. I've done all the maintenance (oil changes mainly) and repairs on it (various, ask!) but have never dealt with the hydrostatic transmission. I noticed a couple of years ago that it seemed to loose what I'll call it's "high gear" speed moving forward. I remember doing some online checking at the time but couldn't even find if this transmission was user serviceable or not (how to drain fluid, etc.). Just recently the mower doesn't move any faster forward than it does in reverse. Still mows and operates fine, just slower.

Question: is this transmission user serviceable? Fluid changes every 250 hours or something?

Any advice or experience anyone could share regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

PS - The MTD site for this model isn't much help:

http://www.mtdparts.com/equipment/mtdparts/huskee-supreme-riding-mower-13ax615h730

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Keith378

Threads
Your Trans. IS serviceable, many members do their own repairs and re-builds. What is needed is the trans info. from your unit , make, model, ID numbers ... sticker, tag, or plate should be on side,or bottom of trans ,but some are on top also... here's a sample :

View attachment 32602 ..click here

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Featured-Items/TUFF-TORQ-K66-HYDROSTATIC-TRANSAXLE-13-1577.axd

post the info back here ... Boobala

Thanks, Boobala, I'll put that on my to-do list (may be a few days) and get back as soon as I know.

Thanks again.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks, Boobala, I'll put that on my to-do list (may be a few days) and get back as soon as I know.

Thanks again.

GOT it !

Keith378

Threads
[Done and tried to post yesterday but site was down and then wonky.]

I had a few things to do to the mower so I made a morning of it and, among other things, found the tag (see below) on the driver side rear of transaxle.

170609_2a(1000x).jpg

Related Note: One of the things I did was drop the deck for cleaning and inspection and to clean it and the underside of frame from a previous oil leak that got oil all over. On the test drive after, the mower took off (in "high gear") like it was fresh from the factory but just as quickly returned to the slow speed it's been doing of late after a stop-and-go on the pedal. What's up with that?

The numbers are legible in the photo but here they are in text:

618-0319 311-0510
6362H40249