STC48A-19KA ( 2002 model)

Bearheart

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bearheart here... my Cub is losing steering control after about an hour of mowing the last few times out. Checked the linkage and don't think an adjustment will help. The left steering arm goes dead and I lose control, can't move forward, then loud grinding noises and resistance when I try to force action with the steering arm. Do you think it is the pump or the control lever, or other ideas?

GFGT

Threads
Dumb question but, to eliminate the obvious....you've checked the hydraulic fluid, right?

Bearheart

Forum Newbie
Threads
To GFGT, thanks for your input... not a dumb question at all. It is easy to overlook the obvious, but fortunately I check hydraulic and engine oil every time before starting the mower. I did note a little residue on the left pump that is not present on the right, but not substantial; the filler neck remains at about 3" level below Hydraulic oil cap. Any other thoughts or experience on this situation out there?

GFGT

Threads
My Turf Tiger has dump valves on each motor so that you can move the mower without engine power. I'm assuming yours has the same. On the same vein of checking the cheap and easy stuff first, any possibility that the dump valve has opened up?