Please help.

Medicmike20

Forum Newbie
Threads
My toro sw5000 won't start. So far I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and carburetor. The new carb included a new solenoid. It will run for a few seconds with a little shot of started fluid, but will not stay running. I tried pulling the fuel line off the fuel pumo and it seems to not be pumping. The tank will gravity drain, so I don't think the tank is clogged.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My toro sw5000 won't start. So far I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and carburetor. The new carb included a new solenoid. It will run for a few seconds with a little shot of started fluid, but will not stay running. I tried pulling the fuel line off the fuel pumo and it seems to not be pumping. The tank will gravity drain, so I don't think the tank is clogged.

OK ..it's a Toro sw 5000 ... The members here are NOT good at guessing games , would you please offer-up the information shown in the example ..??? It IS necessary ! Thank you !!

GET INFO.JPG

Also be aware modified mowers without documentation or knowledge of the performed mods is sometimes
opening a "can of worms" so to speak !!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I had one in my shop last year with the same problem. The customer replaced the fuel pump but couldn't get fuel to the carburetor. He hooked up the fuel lines wrong to the fuel pump. Not saying that is your problem but check it. Three limes to the pump, Two close together with the top one to the vacuum and the lower one to the tank, the other to the carburetor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First off Toro have all of their manuals on line as free download but you will need the model numbers off your mower.
Second if the fuel pump is not pumping the mower will not go anywhere.
Tripple check the fuel pump connections.
The pumps are universal so some times they look backwards when hooked up properly.
The pumps have check valves in them so they only work one way.
As mentioned before, inlet & outlet are on the sides and the impulse line goes on the top.
Crank the engine with your finger over the end of the impulse line you should feel it blowing & sucking.
If it works the hook it back to the pump & crank your motor with your fingers over the two fuel connections. one should blow while the other should suck but it quite weak so wet your fingers to get a good seal.

CWatters

Threads
Perhaps check voltage is getting to the solenoid?