Repairs Why can't I find information or parts on my mower?

abarnes87

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Why can't I find information or parts on my mower?
Hey guys,
I recently bought a used mower off of a friend.
It's a 1994 Huskee HD 18hp 46" cut tractor rider. Model # 46903x60a. I can not for the life of me find any information online or through calling the MTD customer service numbers about this particular model. I've had to do a little work to this mower as it sat for a year and already needed parts when it was put away. Finding parts was next to impossible. But through thorough internet searches and cross referencing similar models I was able to determine which parts would fit. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Is it possible to get a service manual of some kind to find part numbers to determine proper replacements? I really do like this mower and believe with a little TLC I can extend it's working life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First of all your model number is for a Murray, not MTD built tractor. Please post all the engine numbers and I might be able to find more info on the unit.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That model # you posted ..(46903x60A) appeared to be a Murray model number , I have a lot of Murray info.
and got some "false-hits" on the number but really nothing that would be helpful. However, .. I do believe your mower
was made by MTD ... if you CALL them just maybe they have some info. buried somewhere, sorry I was
not able to do more than that, ...it's become EXTREMELY difficult to find information or parts for any
of these mowers that are more than 20 years old... too bad because these machines were built with
quality built-in ( yours attests to that ) I kills me to know that somewhere out there someone has an old dealership with manuals and info on every machine that ever rolled through his doors ...BUT !!!

http://www.mtdparts.com/equipment/m...Code=Enter+Zip+Code&proximity=10&brandCode=10.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
My dealer searching came up with very little about your model, But I can tell you from your model number that your mower was made by Murray and not MTD

possum

Threads
Try Tractor supply. Bring the numbers. Talk with someone.

abarnes87

Forum Newbie
Threads
That model # you posted ..(46903x60A) appeared to be a Murray model number , I have a lot of Murray info.
and got some "false-hits" on the number but really nothing that would be helpful. However, .. I do believe your mower
was made by MTD ... if you CALL them just maybe they have some info. buried somewhere, sorry I was
not able to do more than that, ...it's become EXTREMELY difficult to find information or parts for any
of these mowers that are more than 20 years old... too bad because these machines were built with
quality built-in ( yours attests to that ) I kills me to know that somewhere out there someone has an old dealership with manuals and info on every machine that ever rolled through his doors ...BUT !!!

http://www.mtdparts.com/equipment/m...Code=Enter+Zip+Code&proximity=10&brandCode=10.

Hey thanks for the info.
I've tried calling this number and the lady that I talked to said that since she does not recognize the model number or the serial number she can't be of any help. I've also taken them to tractor supply and they gave me the same number to call and said they can't help beyond that as well... it's hard to believe that as connected as we all are with the internet these days that there is no record of this machine anywhere. Very frustrating because this machine still runs great and up until I had a seized drive belt idler pulley blow apart it was one mean grass eating machine. I think I found a new pulley that will work but until it's delivered and I have it in my hands to see I won't know for sure and my grass will be a forest before its working again. Maybe one day someone will uncover and post atleast a cross reference for parts on these lost model numbers. Until then, it will be a big job just to track down parts.