AMF riding mower

skeens43

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to this forum and couldn't help but reply to this tread. Although I totally agree about AMF and the poor quality of Harley Davidson (when they owned the brand), I've got to chime in and tell you I have a soft spot for the AMF riding mowers. Actually, AMF didn't make their mowers, at least during the late 60's and early to mid 70's. NOMA made their mowers and shared most of the same parts as you would find on entry level Craftsman, Dynamark, etc. Anyway, most of these tractors had either 8hp Briggs or Tecumseh motors and Tecumseh transmissions. I can't speak for all, but my Dad bought one in 1974 and still mows with it! As with anything mechanical, I think the life depends on how it's cared for and maintained. My dad and I actually have built and restored over 6 NOMA tractors, 3 of them in them in the AMF colors. They're easy to work on and have the last of what I consider to be a true "floating" mowing deck.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm new to this forum and couldn't help but reply to this tread. Although I totally agree about AMF and the poor quality of Harley Davidson (when they owned the brand), I've got to chime in and tell you I have a soft spot for the AMF riding mowers. .

:welcome: skeens43. Glad you are here. Please post some pictures if you can because I would love to see your AMF mowers. I totally agree with you that longevity is greatly influenced by quality care and maintenance. :biggrin: