Craftsman LT1000 Riding mower - Bypass to mow in reverse

TimNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman LT1000 Riding mower - Bypass to mow in reverse
I realize it is a safety feature... but being able to mow in reverse makes it difficult to mow my yard. I have some small areas that cause me to have to back up to get around objects and oh how nice it would be if I were able to mow, while backing up! Please help!
My mower is a 2014 LT1000.
Thanks in advance

Txbiker

Threads
There's a couple of you tube videos on how to disable the switch so you can mow in reverse also there are some knowledgeable folks here that can guide you as well. My new LT 1300 has an ignition switch position and a button to push for mow in reverse. My LT 1000 that passed to the great beyond was way older and didn't have many safety switches. The one video I checked out after a google search showed it to be easy enough just disconnecting a two pin plug. Five minutes max.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Used to be all one had to do was turn the key back one click & it would mow anyway ya wanted. Guess that changed huh.

TimNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
There's a couple of you tube videos on how to disable the switch so you can mow in reverse also there are some knowledgeable folks here that can guide you as well. My new LT 1300 has an ignition switch position and a button to push for mow in reverse. My LT 1000 that passed to the great beyond was way older and didn't have many safety switches. The one video I checked out after a google search showed it to be easy enough just disconnecting a two pin plug. Five minutes max.

Thanks for the info :)

Txbiker

Threads
Used to be all one had to do was turn the key back one click & it would mow anyway ya wanted. Guess that changed huh.

Yup couldn't keep it simple. Everything has to have a band aid on it anymore.

Lawn Addict
Threads
They have to protect us from us. :laughing: