Yardworks 725 exi series no start

Hsean

Forum Newbie
Threads
ive fixed many mowers in the past and seen all kinds of them. aswell as sizes. but this thing. its almost brand new aswell and wont start. it has spark. carbs spotless. fresh gas, and if you put your hand over the airfilter hole it wants to start. has plenty of compression. its also the first time ive seen a pure plastic carb besides lawnboys. has anyone else worked on one of these briggs & stratton engines before? its about less then a year old so it shouldnt really be doing this.

cruzenmike

Threads
ive fixed many mowers in the past and seen all kinds of them. aswell as sizes. but this thing. its almost brand new aswell and wont start. it has spark. carbs spotless. fresh gas, and if you put your hand over the airfilter hole it wants to start. has plenty of compression. its also the first time ive seen a pure plastic carb besides lawnboys. has anyone else worked on one of these briggs & stratton engines before? its about less then a year old so it shouldnt really be doing this.

I am not familiar with your specific mower, and I was trying to find a schematic or parts diagram to look at the carb but could not find one. From what you are explaining, the mixture of air to fuel is not correct at the moment where it is supposed to start. Covering the air filter hole is simulating a choke condition in which the ratio of fuel to air increases. Have you tried starting fluid to see if you can get the mower started and then maybe it will take off on it's own? I just had a struggle getting a piece of equipment started after sitting over the winter. I had to use starting fluid 3 or 4 times until the full filled the carb and it got warmed up. After that my issues were gone. Also, is the fuel fresh? Did you run it dry at the end of the last season? Did you drain the bowl? Just some thoughts. Good Luck.

Mike

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK we see it's a lawnboy mower ...with a briggs eng. ...we need a bit more info to get things going .. see example

GET INFO.JPG

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
All the problems I have seen with the new briggs OHV push mower engines have been either clogged jets in the carb, water in the fuel, or trying to burn the fuel you purchased last week, because the quality is too low to run in this ever so fuel quality picky engines.

I did have one last year I had to replace the carb on due to a problem with the internal mechanics.

Hsean

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried the carb again. opon doing so I discovered this white piece of plastic is removable from these carbs. everythings clean but one of the holes wont shoot out cleaner when I spray it inside. im guessing this is the issue since everything else is 100% Gonna try a few things to see if i can unclog it. if not ill have to buy another carb. To me I see it as a flaw in product. they should put a access port on the side of the carb to be able to gain access. but then again things arnt made like they used to be. I do like the idea behind it though. going at it for round three soon lol

Hsean

Forum Newbie
Threads
I fixed the damn thing, I tried for some time to clear that air hole, no piece of wire would unclog it. I decided to use a very small drill bit and turn it reverse by hand. after 5 or so mins of that and carb cleaner blasting it unclogged, mower works like new!