Raptor blades will not disengage

SubA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello - The blades on my Hustler Raptor will not disengage. At first sign of trouble, the problem only occurred occasionally. Now it is all the time... blades will not turn off, even on stop/restart. I replaced the PTO switch, but no change. Any suggestions on next steps/troubleshooting would be appreciated. thanks!

turboawd

Threads
i'd get underneath and inspect the clutch. maybe its stuck??

SubA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Turboawd. I've looked at it, but nothing is standing out. How do I tell if it is stuck, and if it is, what can I do?

turboawd

Threads
Thanks Turboawd. I've looked at it, but nothing is standing out. How do I tell if it is stuck, and if it is, what can I do?

sorry. i dont know. never took one apart before. shouldnt be complicated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the clutch is working electricaly you should hear it go klunk klunk when you turn it on & off.
If the blades are on when you go to start the mower then the clutch is gone.
Clu8tches draw 3 to 5 Amps so if it is drawing that type of current it will flatten the battery overnight.
But worthwhile trying to dissconnect it at the plug just to be sure.
Most are not repairable and when the internal bearing collapses they can jamb on .Continuing to use the mower like that will place too much strain on the starter motor and bugger it as well so best get it done ASAP summer is comming soon.

SubA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you, that's good to know. I have someone picking it up tonight.