Craftsman 636796970 carborator needle and seat

Kreadman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1993 craftsman backpack leaf blower that is leaking fuel through the carborator. I am not experienced with carborator Repair but believe that it requires a needle and seat replacement. Are there other things I should be looking at. It leaks when the blower is off and the fuel valve is in on position.

The carborator is made by the mikuni corporation. The carb nor many of the parts are any longer available through sears. Ereplacement says they have the needle. My question is this---- there was no seat when I disassembled the carb. Is it possible the seat disintegrated and that's what caused the problem. Secondly - there is no seat in the parts list nor an image of a seat on the exploded diagram. Is that because the seat Is just included with the needle and under the same part number. Thanks in advance for help.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mikuni has been a highly regarded mfgr. Have you tried an 800 tel call if one is available? Just winging this. Old school needles had screw in seats...any female thread there? Not so familiar with later units, but some are rubber based. Others will respond. Perhaps a "set" is required including a float?