Howdy from Annapolis!

Mr. Ed

Threads
Greetings, everybody-

I just scratched a longtime itch and bought a new Gravely ZT HD 48" with the Kawasaki engine. A decade ago I had an Ariens ZT that I loved, but it was way too big for my tiny yard (which I can cut with a push mower in under 10 minutes), and I lost my long time gig cutting the community property (we have about 5 acres total in four neighborhood locations). Retired two years ago (thank goodness!) and now with a lot of time on my hands I remembered how much I love cutting grass for fun. Probably wouldn't be interested if I HAD to do it, but as a hobby it's a good way to spend time outdoors.

My neighborhood grass job just fell back into place two days ago, so I pulled the trigger on the new Gravely. I could have continued to cut the grass with the MMM on my Kubota, but it's slow, a little cumbersome, and to be honest... just not as much fun as a ZT. You guys know what I'm talking about, right?

Last year I started volunteering at a local church to help cut their grass just so I could use their big commercial ZT mowers. Lots of fun, great bunch of guys, but I wanted more. So when the neighborhood gig fall into my lap, I jumped at the chance. Looking forward to getting out there and putting in some hours.

Thanks in advance for all the great info!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can cut your yard in ten minutes with a push mower, but already have a Kubota with mid mount mower? And just bought a Gravely ZT so you could mow property other than your own?

You obviously like mowing far more than I. I would own the push mower and nothing else.

Mr. Ed

Threads
You can cut your yard in ten minutes with a push mower, but already have a Kubota with mid mount mower? And just bought a Gravely ZT so you could mow property other than your own?

You obviously like mowing far more than I. I would own the push mower and nothing else.

Yeah... it's crazy. I started cutting grass for money as soon as I was old enough to push a mower. And then did that, raked leaves, and shoveled snow until I went away to college. Got back into it a few years later for the fun of it.

In my defense, I imagine there are a lot of other things I could do with my spare time that wouldn't be as beneficial. As a job and depending on it for my sole source of income, I wouldn't do it. But for a fun hobby, I still get pleasure out of it. Go figure. :laughing:

NorthBama

Threads
Welcome Mr Ed
go for it if you enjoy be outside its a good thing.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Congrats on your Gravely purchase!