Repairs John Deere Gx75 cranks wont start no spark

sam2012

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everyone, need your help please.

I have a John Deere Gx75 lawn mower rider. k series 9 hp

it cranks no spark and no start,
i checked everything, battery is good, fuel is good, starter and parts are good.
changed the iginition coil still nothing

HEllllpppppp

Thanks Sam

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

i checked everything, battery is good, fuel is good, starter and parts are good.

HEllllpppppp

Thanks Sam

Remove the kill wire from the coils and see if it runs.
Yes = a short in that wire somewhere to ground.
No = weak magnets or dead coil.

Note these coils have a chip in them and if at any time it saw 12 V down that control wire the coil is deceased.

mjb8fj

Threads

HEllllpppppp

Thanks Sam

in addition to BERTS1 answer to you, if that work see if there is what we call an igniter that controls the spark. If you did the other steps, this igniter in on the side of the engine shroud, hard to access on most machines cause you cant see it. Its one wire, (white), usually around the oil dipstick. These are mounted with just a phillips #2 screw (sometimes they rust in and you have to use vise grips to get the screw out). Dealer wants $22 or more for these, you can find it on ebay for $11 from a different company. Easy to install, just the one wire to plug in, and ground the body with the rest of the kit, or just install it in the same place as the original.